- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The new trailer for Avatar: The Way of Water takes audiences back to Pandora, this time to its oceans.
The sequel to James Cameron’s Avatar arrives 13 years after the original was released and ultimately became the top-grossing film of all time.
This installment, set decade after the 2009 Avatar, once again stars Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldaña, and introduces their characters’ children. The film will run more than three hours, with sources telling The Hollywood Reporter it clocks in at roughly three hours, 10 minutes.
Avatar: The Way of Water also stars Sigourney Weaver, Stephen Lang, Vin Diesel and Kate Winslet.
The first trailer debuted back in May and brought in 148.6 million views on its first day, something that Cameron has said helped reassure him there is still an appetite for the film. He has a total of five films planned for Avatar, with all of part three — and some of part four — already shot.
The Way of Water arrives Dec. 16 from 20th Century.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day