- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cobie Smulders, one of the stars of How I Met Your Mother, is in negotiations to join the cast of Starbuck, DreamWorks’ English-language remake of the French-Canadian comedy.
Vince Vaughn is starring as a man whose life is turned upside down when he learns he has fathered 533 children through sperm donation. When a few hundred of the children express an irrepressible need to meet their father, he must decide whether to step up and reveal his identity.
Chris Pratt is also in the cast.
Smulders will play Vaughn’s pregnant girlfriend who has heard of the Starbuck story but has no idea that Vaughn is the man behind the myth.
Ken Scott, who wrote and directed the original, is writing the script for the English-language studio adaptation and will direct.
Smulders, repped by UTA and Gang Tyre, is coming off the high-profile appearance as SHIELD agent Maria Hill in this summer’s smash The Avengers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day