- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The movie is currently being translated and is being imported by the state-owned China Film Group, Mtime, China’s leading movie site, first reported. Industry sources confirmed the date.
Directed by Joss Whedon, the sequel to 2012’s The Avengers also stars Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Bettany, Cobie Smulders, Stellan Skarsgard, James Spader and Samuel L. Jackson.
The first installment of the franchise brought in $84 million in box-office revenue in China.
The sequel hits U.S. theaters May 1. It opens in the U.K. and in India on April 24.
Chinese box office is becoming increasingly important to Hollywood as the burgeoning number of screens translates into surging revenues. Transformers: Age of Extinction did more than $300 million in the country last year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Karlovy Vary International Film Festival
Paul Walter Hauser