- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Reitman wrote the script from the Joyce Maynard novel and is directing the drama, which revolves around a boy (Gattlin Griffith) and his divorced mother (Kate Winslet) who meet a stranger (Josh Brolin) during a Labor Day weekend and offer him a ride. The man turns out to be an escaped convict and ends up teaching the boy life lessons.
James Van Der Beek is also in the cast.
Character details for Gregg were not disclosed, and Paramount had no comment on the dealmaking.
Gregg has appeared as the popular government operative known as Agent Coulson in four of the five Marvel Studios movies. He also starred with Julia Louis-Dreyfus on TV’s The New Adventures of Old Christine, and his recent film credits include Mr. Popper’s Penguins and (500) Days of Summer.
He is repped by UTA, 3Arts Entertainment and Ziffren Brittenham.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day