- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Well, that was fast.
Avengers: Infinity War has already broken ticket seller Fandango’s record for fastest-selling superhero movie in the first 24 hours of presales. And it only took six hours, following tickets going on sale at 6 a.m. PT Friday.
Infinity War tops the record previously held by Warner Bros.’ Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, followed by fellow Marvel Studios film Black Panther. The ticket launch coincided with the release of the second trailer for Avengers: Infinity War.
The movie, directed by the Russo brothers, is Marvel’s biggest film yet. It combines characters from all of its franchises, including Guardians of the Galaxy and its latest runaway hit, Black Panther, which has become the second-biggest superhero movie of all time domestically, topping The Dark Knight and trailing only 2012’s The Avengers. Black Panther has grossed more than $1.1 billion worldwide and is looking to claim its fifth weekend at No. 1 at the box office.
Avengers: Infinity War opens April 27.
March 16, 2:39 p.m. A previous version of this story incorrectly stated which film previously held Fandango’s record. THR regrets the error.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day