- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Make that two out of three.
The second trailer for Avengers: Infinity War was viewed 179 million times in its first 24 hours, becoming the third-biggest trailer release in history, according to Disney and Marvel Studios. And it boasts the biggest release ever for a second trailer, supplanting fellow Disney title Beauty and the Beast (128 million views.)
The second Avengers promo bowed Friday, and was touted that night on the NCAA broadcast.
The record-holder for the biggest trailer release is the first trailer for Infinity War, which racked up 230 million views in its first 24 hours in November. Coming in second place is the first trailer for New Line and Warner Bros.’ It. That trailer was watched 197 million times in its first day.
Generally speaking, it is commonplace for a second trailer to garner fewer viewers than the first.
Infinity War is also racking up pre-sales records. It has become theater chain AMC’s biggest-selling superhero movie after 72 hours, more than tripling the record held by fellow Marvel movie Black Panther, which opened last month. Last week, it took just six hours for Infinity War to become ticket seller Fandango’s fastest-selling superhero movie in the first 24 hours.
Avengers: Infinity War opens April 27.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day