- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Avengers, assemble — and bring along millions of friends, too.
The new trailer for the upcoming ensemble superhero film The Avengers was downloaded from iTunes 13.7 million times in its first 24 hours online, Disney announced, breaking the record of 12.5 million set by The Dark Knight Rises in December. The Batman film had taken that record from — who else — the earlier Avengers trailer, which earned 10 million views in a day’s time.
Perhaps the best look yet at the May 4-dated picture, which features an A-list cast of established Marvel universe heroes and a few new ones, as well. Robert Downey Jr. reprises his role as Iron Man, Chris Evans returns as Captain America, Chris Hemsworth is once again playing Thor, Scarlett Johansson fully realizes her Black Widow, Jeremy Renner extends a bit part as Hawkeye in Thor to a full-time role, and Samuel L. Jackson grows his Nick Fury from a single line of dialogue in Captain America to a lead part. Meanwhile, Mark Ruffalo assumes the role of the Hulk, the third actor to do so since the new wave of Marvel films began.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day