- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Here’s a very different look at The Avengers, one which paints Nick Fury’s S.H.I.E.L.D. as being more interested in the latest bluetooth than kickin’ butt, and that insinuates members of the world’s greatest superhero team are really just Marvel’s second stringers.
Honest Trailers — whose narrator is known for skewering movies with his voiceovers — has set its sites on the The Avengers the same week its Blu-ray hits store shelves.
Among the trailer’s zingers:
- The film stars Iron Man (everyone’s favorite secondary Marvel character), Captain America (no one’s favorite character) and the Incredible Hulk (who inexplicably has a handle on his anger management issues all of a sudden).
- The Avengers united Marvel’s greatest heroes (err — minus Spider-Man, the X-Men and the Fantastic Four).
- The film’s success put all of DC Comics on suicide watch.
The trailer also questions how exciting it really is to see Iron Man fixing S.H.I.E.L.D’s Helicarrier for 20 minutes, and mocks Loki’s plans throughout.
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day