- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The next time the Avengers assemble, it will be in tuxedos, not spandex.
Academy Award show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron announced Wednesday that five members of the blockbuster superhero film will present at this year’s Oscars. The actors — Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Downey Jr., Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner and Chris Evans — were part of a team that helped the Joss Whedon-directed Avengers earn more than $1.5 billion worldwide at the box office.
VIDEO: Behind the Scenes of Marvel’s ‘The Avengers’
Four of the five presenting members have been nominated for Oscars previously, with Downey Jr. and Renner boasting two nominations apiece. Jackson was a co-star in this year’s best picture-nominated Django Unchained.
The Avengers, which marked the culmination of the first phase of an expansive, multi-franchise comic movie universe built by Disney, is nominated at this year’s Oscars for best visual effects.
The 2013 Oscars are being hosted by Seth MacFarlane. Previously announced presenters include last year’s Oscar winners Meryl Streep, Jean Dujardin, Octavia Spencer and Christopher Plummer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day