- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
While the past 24 hours has featured the release of several Super Bowl commercials early, from Matthew Broderick’s long-overdue return to Ferris Bueller to David Beckham’s half-naked ad for the launch of a line of bodywear for H&M.
For those who weren’t entertained enough with those options, Disney and Marvel have released a 17-second teaser for their Super Bowl spot for The Avengers. The clip was released at the conclusion of a Twitter chat that featured Tom Hiddleston, Samuel L. Jackson, Clark Gregg and director Joss Whedon.
Sure, it’s only about 15 seconds long, but the clip features plenty of new footage, which we’ll hopefully get to see more of during the actual Super Bowl spot.
The clip gives fans another look at Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and The Hulk (a motion-captured Mark Ruffalo). Additionally, at least once in the film, Thor (Chris Hemsworth) will help Captain America (Chris Evans) stand up. What else? No Jeremy Renner, whose Hawkeye also had a very limited appearance in the first trailer released last year, in sight.
Also announced after the Twitter chat was the news that The Avengers will be remastered into IMAX 3-D. The highly anticipated superhero epic hits theaters on May 4.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day