- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fans moved a few inches closer to Joss Whedon‘s eagerly-anticipated superhero crossover film The Avengers on Tuesday when Disney premiered two new television spots. Entitled “Headcount” and “Team,” the 30-second clips feature plenty of action framed by dialogue from heavy hitters Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) and Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson).
In “Headcount,” Stark offers a roundup of the group’s heroes – “master assassins” Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) and Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), “demigod” Thor (Chris Hemsworth), “super-soldier” Captain America (Chris Evans), and Hulk (Mark Ruffalo, when he’s in human form). In “Team,” Nick Fury observes that America is “at war,” and he acknowledges the need for their partnership as footage of fighting and action unfolds on screen. As Black Widow jokes, “it should be fun,” Hulk battles projectiles in the sky as giant, heretofore unexplained monsters twist their way between buildings in a large metropolitan area.
Watch the “Headcount” above, and “Team” below. The Avengers opens nationwide May 4.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Academy Museum of Motion Pictures