- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Awesomeness Films has acquired film rights to upcoming YA novel Our Chemical Hearts, written by Australian author Krystal Sutherland.
Sutherland’s debut novel, which will hit stores Oct. 4 via G.P. Putnam’s Sons Books for Young Readers, follows Henry Page, a hopeless romantic who’s never been in love. Then he meets Grace Town during his first period class, and he knows everything’s about to change. He quickly finds himself falling for Grace, even though she isn’t exactly who he pictured as his dream girl. There’s obviously something broken about Grace, who walks with a cane and wears oversize boys’ clothes, and Henry is determined to fix it.
“Krystal Sutherland is a breakout young writer, whose voice uniquely captures the emotional journey of falling in love for the first time,” said Awesomeness Films president Matt Kaplan. “We are excited to be working with her at Awesomeness Films and look forward bringing Our Chemical Hearts to life.”
Max Siemers brought in the property on behalf of Awesomeness Films. Sutherland is represented by UTA and InkWell.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day