- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Awkwafina and Sandra Oh will play sisters in an upcoming comedy for Netflix.
The untitled feature was written by Jen D’Angelo, and follows a lonely recluse has her life is upended when her train wreck of a sister vows to mend their relationship by helping her fulfill her lifelong dream: to be a contestant on her favorite game show.
Awkwafina and Oh will also produce, along with Jessica Elbaum and Will Ferrell for Gloria Sanchez, which works with the streamer on series Dead to Me. Artists First’s Itay Reiss and Maggie Haskins will also produce, along with D’Angelo.
D’Angelo also penned the upcoming Hocus Pocus sequel, with previous credits on series Solar Opposites, Workaholics and Cougar Town.
Awkwafina, repped by UTA, Artists First and Schreck Rose, has a slate of upcoming projects, including Breaking News in Yuba County, Marvel feature Shang Chi and The Little Mermaid, in which she will voice Scuttle.
Oh, repped by UTA, Principal and Hansen Jacobson, is working with Netflix on dramedy series The Chair, starring opposite Jay Duplass. She is set for the fourth season of Killing Eve, which has earned her a Golden Globe award and several Emmy nominations.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day