- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The film is moving to June 28, up from Aug. 11, Sony announced at CinemaCon Monday, where it also showed theater owners the first six minutes of the film.
Wright, Elgort and Hamm took the stage during the Las Vegas convention to talk about making the action-film. Wright described it as “a car movie fueled by music.”
“This movie is really unique and really cool because it has such an amazing soundtrack, but the soundtrack makes sense,” said Elgort, who says his character developed a condition where he always hears a ringing and uses music to drown it out.
“All the music was in the script, and he wrote the script around the music. Whenever we were filming, I always had the earbuds in and was listening to the music,” said Elgort.
“I now know that car chases are as arduous to shoot as they are fun to watch,” said Wright of the action sequences.
Baby Driver debuted to strong reviews at South by Southwest.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day