- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
She was a relative unknown in Hollywood circles just a year ago, and only really burst onto the scene in Cannes 2015 when her name was attached to numerous projects (around the same time The Hollywood Reporter declared her its “Next Big Thing”). But Alicia Vikander‘s dramatic ascendance was underlined on Friday when she picked up two BAFTA nominations, both in the best actress and best supporting actress categories.
The Swedish actress joined an exclusive list of double actress nominees when she earned a best actress nom for The Danish Girl and best supporting actress shortlisting for Ex Machina.
Others to have received two BAFTA acting nominations in a single year include Miranda Richardson, Holly Hunter, Kate Winslet, Meryl Streep, Cate Blanchett and Scarlett Johansson.
Vikander’s star is only set to rise further this year when she appears in the next installment of the Bourne franchise in addition to roles in Submergence alongside James McAvoy and The Light Between Oceans with Michael Fassbender.
Elsewhere in the nominations list, Sandy Powell received two noms in the costume design category for Carol and Cinderella.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day