- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Barbra Streisand has been an ardent supporter of President Obama throughout the campaign, and — as a Election Day draws near — she wants to explain why he should serve a second term.
STORY: Barbra Streisand Calls Romney a ‘Good Actor’ During Brooklyn Concert
In a new video filmed for the National Jewish Democratic Council, Streisand lists Obama’s support for Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood, repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” and staunch backing of Israel as reasons to vote for the president. “He’s got our economy moving in the right direction,” she adds.
She described Republican nominee Mitt Romney as “extreme as it gets when it comes to a woman’s right to choose” and said that his policies would deny health care coverage to millions, “end Medicare” and “savagely cut Medicaid.”
According to an October 29 likely voter survey conducted by The Hollywood Reporter pollster Penn Schoen Berland, Streisand is seen as one of celebrities that Democrats trust along with names like Tina Fey, Ellen Degeneres, George Clooney and Oprah.
Watch Streisand’s NJDC video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day