- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BERLIN — Barbra Streisand might return to the director’s chair for the first time since The Mirror Has Two Faces in 1996.
Los Angeles-based sales and financing outfit Aldamisa International said Friday that it has struck a directing deal with Streisand, though no title was announced. She reportedly is mulling several projects.
“We are thrilled to provide underwriting for a filmmaker of her vision, stature and accomplishment,” said Aldamisa president of international sales and acquistions Nadine de Barros, who is in Berlin at the European Film Market.
Mark Manuel‘s Kilburn Media will provide financing. Aldamisa co-chairman Sergei Bespalov will produce alongside de Barros.
Streisand seems to have renewed interest in her movie career. Over Christmas, she appeared in The Guilt Trip, her first starring role since The Mirror Has Two Faces.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
One Piece Film: Red