- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“I thought, ‘I’m really gonna try and be buddy-buddy with the guy,’ and it was his last day,” Rudd recalled to Jimmy Fallon on Monday’s Tonight Show. “We were doing a close-up, and I thought, you know what I’m gonna do? I’m gonna Basic Instinct him. When he’s speaking, I’m sitting in a chair across from him, and I’m going to, you know.”
Rudd then emulated the iconic leg-crossing move that Sharon Stone performs during the interrogation scene of the 1992 thriller.
However, it didn’t exactly go as smoothly as Rudd anticipated, since he didn’t take his boxers waistband into account — or what such an image would look like to Douglas, who was rehearsing his lines “like a pro.”
“I should’ve just stopped, and I didn’t, and it looked like I was basically pleasuring myself to Michael Douglas giving a monologue,” Rudd explained. “He just stopped and just looked at me and said, ‘What are you, a f—ing pervert?’ No smiles.”
Thankfully, Douglas — who himself recreated the scene earlier this year on The Late Late Show with James Corden — had the most down-to-earth reaction to Rudd’s snafu.
Watch Rudd recall the moment in the video below.
Rudd also took on Fallon in a game of Drinko:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day