- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cinematographer Greig Fraser, who earned an Oscar nomination for Garth Davis’ 2016 biographical drama Lion, is on board to shoot The Batman.
The Australian DP previously shot The Batman filmmaker Matt Reeves’ 2010 movie Let Me In.
The upcoming pic is set to star Robert Pattinson as the Dark Knight.
In addition to Lion, Fraser’s credits include Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Zero Dark Thirty, Vice, Foxcatcher and Denis Villeneuve’s upcoming Dune.
“It’s great to be working with Matt again,” Fraser said Wednesday in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. “The Batman franchise is iconic and it’s a privilege to now be able to visualize it in my own way. Especially with the cumulative creative potential of all the talent and technicians we have in front of and behind the camera.”
Last week, reports surfaced on genre movie sites that One Upon a Time in Hollywood cinematographer Robert Richardson was set to photograph The Batman, but Richardson denied this, telling THR that he had never spoke to Reeves.
Warner Bros.’ The Batman is slated for a June 25, 2021, release.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day