- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The rumors are true: Lego is releasing a set centered on Batman and his Batcave from the 1966 classic TV show starring Adam West and Burt Ward.
The Lego Batman Classic TV Series Batcave, which will hit stores March 1, celebrates the 50th anniversary of the show (it first aired Jan. 12, 1966), with an elaborate set that, in over 2500 pieces, details the Caped Crusader’s lair, his vehicles and his mansion.
Among the parcels that make up the set are the Bat Lab with Batcomputer, a Wayne Manor section with an exterior wall to climb on and Bruce Wayne’s study featuring the iconic Batphone and a false bookcase that slides open to reveal the secret entrance to the Batcave. Also in the set: the Batpoles that take out heroes from the library down the cave.
The vehicles included are the Batcopter, Batcycle and the Batmobile.
The set seems to continue Lego’s push into higher end more adult products (for the AFOL – Adult Fan of Lego – crowd) and follows the release of the very elaborate and very popular Ghostbusters Headquarters set that retails for $349.99.
The Lego Batcave will sell for $269.99.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Big Thunder Mountain
Robert De Niro