- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gal Gadot has passed on a role in Ben Hur, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The actress’ shooting schedule for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has forced her to pass the project, which she had been circling to star in for Paramount and MGM.
See more Highly Paid Film Stars
Gadot was to have co-starred as the female lead, but Batman v Superman‘s complicated and ever-lengthening shoot has put the kibosh in the proceedings. Gadot plays Wonder Woman in Zack Snyder‘s Batman v Superman, and is signed on to appear as the DC superhero in a number of Warner Bros.’ films, including a solo adventure and a series of Justice League movies. The Wrap first reported the news.
Ben Hur, a retelling of the 1959 Charlton Heston classic, is to star Jack Huston as the Jewish prince whose onetime best friend Messala (Toby Kebbell) betrays him. He fights his way to freedom and has a few epic chariot races in the process. Morgan Freeman is on board the project as the man who trains Ben-Hur in chariot-racing. Gadot was to play Ben Hur’s love interest, a slave named Esther.
Ben Hur is to shoot in Europe in early 2015 with an eye toward a February 2016 release.