- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Henry Cavill throws a mean punch.
The Batman v Superman star stopped by Jimmy Kimmel Live on Thursday, which was also St. Patrick’s Day.
Since the late-night show sometimes airs in bars with the sound off, the host coerced Cavill into a slow-motion fight scene that they’d then speed up to mess with the evening’s drunk viewers. Cavill went for it, punching Kimmel so that he slid back and “smashed” the backdrop.
But it wasn’t without consequence: Kimmel’s security-guard sidekick Guillermo then entered the scene and kneed the Superman actor before knocking him out.
During the episode, Cavill also proved his theory about Superman’s disguise — a pair of glasses is enough — when he shared a video of himself standing near his own billboards in Times Square, wearing a Superman tee. And no one recognized him.
“The only person who stopped us was someone who was asking for directions to [Grand] Central station,” said Cavill. “He hides in plain sight.”
Watch the videos below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Weird Al Yankovic
Freddie Prinze Jr.