- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A day after it was leaked online (and swiftly removed), director Zack Snyder has released what he calls the “not blurry, not pirated” teaser trailer for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice via Twitter.
Ben Affleck‘s Batman takes center stage in this first glimpse at Warner Bros.’ 2016 superhero smackdown, following a montage of commentators wondering whether or not Superman is less a defender of mankind than a potential threat. While Jeremy Irons‘ Alfred talks about “the fever, the rage … the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men cruel,” we see the new Dark Knight fly and drive through explosions before, armored, staring down Henry Cavill‘s Superman and asking him whether or not he bleeds. “You will,” promises Batman.
The movie follows up on the events of 2013’s Man of Steel, with Cavill and Amy Adams returning as Superman and Lois Lane, respectively. In addition to Affleck and Irons, the sequel also introduces Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, though neither of the latter characters are hinted at in this teaser — but then, something has to be left for the main trailer, doesn’t it?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Red Sea Film Festival