- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Great Gatsby director Baz Luhrmann and his Academy Award-winning costume designer wife, Catherine Martin, are throwing a holiday bash with Barneys New York. The location? The Central Park Zoo in New York City.
Page Six first reported the news, which Barneys also confirmed with Pret-a-Reporter, that the Nov. 13 event will be turned into a “fairy tale wonderland” with an star-studded crowd expected to arrive for what we suspect will be a wild event. Luhrmann, who also directed Moulin Rouge, knows how to throw pretty epic parties on the big screen, after all.
The couple will also be working with Barneys for the “Baz Dazzled Holiday” collaboration, creating window displays for the Madison Avenue store, in which Page Six describes will be transformed into a “magical world” with “fantastical characters, woodland creatures, ice skaters, snow owls and candy canes.” Sounds like we’ll definitely have to make one (or multiple) shopping trip to Barneys this holiday season.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day