- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Based on the novel by James Baldwin, If Beale Street Could Talk centers on James’ Alonzo “Fonny” Hunt and Layne’s Tish Rivers. The lovers must fight for freedom and for their newborn child when Fonny is falsely accused of rape.
The trailer takes a look at the early honeymoon stages of their relationship, as well as the fear that ensues after Fonny is arrested and Tish learns she is pregnant.
“I’ve never been more ready for anything in my whole life,” Tish tells Fonny. “You know I love you, no matter what.”
Their love is soon tested when Fonny is behind bars and Tish is carrying their child. But, as Tish’s mother (King) reminds her, love is stronger than adversity.
“Remember, love is what brought you here,” her mother coos. “And if you trusted love this far, don’t panic now. Trust it all the way.”
Also starring Fear the Walking Dead‘s Colman Domingo, Atlanta‘s Brian Tyree Henry, Rogue One‘s Diego Luna, Pedro Pascal and Dave Franco, If Beale Street Could Talk hits theaters Nov. 30.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes