- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The final trailer for Cary Fukunaga‘s Beasts of No Nation is here and it is brutal.
The trailer focuses on the back story of the child solider Agu (played by newcomer Abraham Attah), looking at his life before being taken up by war. Images of Agu and his family in church are intercut with the young boy wielding a machete, walking over corpses.
Based off the novel by Nigerian author Uzodinma Iweala, Beasts of No Nation also stars Idris Elba as Commandant, the warlord that leads his army of child soldiers in the civil war of an unspecified African country.
Commandant sits in front of his underage militia, offering his assessment of the violent combat: “It has put the weapons of this war back in the hand of you, the young, and therefor the powerful.”
Beasts of No Nation is the first feature film for Netflix, and is due out on the streaming service Oct. 16.
Watch the trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day