- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany – Actress Nyncke Beekhuyzen has come in as a last minute replacement for Lotte Verbeek in Rudolf van den Berg‘s war drama Suskind.
Verbeek, who appears as Giulia Farnese in Showtime’s The Borgias, had to bow out of the production because of ill health. The production is currently shooting in the Netherlands.
Suskind tells the true story of Walter Suskind, a member of the Jewish Council of Amsterdam who tricked the Nazis to save thousands of Jewish children from deportation to the death camps. Austrian actor Karl Markovics, (The Counterfeiters, Unknown) stars as Suskind. Beekhyzen will play his wife Hanna. Beekhyzen is best-know as a TV actress in Holland and has starred in several hit local series. Suskind is being produced by San Fu Maltha of Fu Works, Jeroen Koolbergen of Candenza Films and Reinier Selen.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day