- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bella Thorne will star in supernatural romantic thriller Break My Heart 1,000 Times.
The Gold Circle film, an adaptation of Daniel Waters’ YA novel, will be directed by Step Up Revolution helmer Scott Speer from a script by Jason Fuchs (Wonder Woman).
The story centers on a cataclysmic event that has torn the barrier between our world and the next, leaving “Remnants,” ghostlike essences of the deceased, part of everyday life. Thorn will play a young woman who receives a threatening message from a Remnant that propels her on a mission that will forever change the course of her life.
Paul Brooks is producing with Scott Niemeyer, Brad Kessell and Fuchs executive producing. Good Universe is handling international sales.
Thorne is reuniting with Speer, whom she worked with on Midnight Sun, also starring Patrick Schwarzenegger. Her other credits include Tyler Perry’s Boo! A Madea Halloween; McG’s The Babysitter; and the premiere episode for the Freeform series based on the novel Famous in Love adapted by Marlene King. She is repped by CAA and Thor Bradwell at Thirty Three Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day