- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first photo of Ben Affleck‘s upcoming political thriller Argo has been released.
The Warner Bros. film, which Affleck is both directing and starring in, centers around a CIA plot to free hostages taken by the Iranian government in 1979.
Affleck plays Tony Mendez, a CIA “exfiltration” specialist, who developed a plan to free six Americans who were able to escape from the U.S. Embassy in Tehran while it was under attack from Iranian militants.
The actor’s look for the film, which includes 70s style clothing, shaggy hair and a beard, has been creating Internet chatter since paparazzi shots of him on-set were taken in Sept.
The film is set for a Sept. 14, 2012 release, and also stars a slew of Hollywood’s finest, including, Alan Arkin, Bryan Cranston and John Goodman, as well as Kerry Bishe, Kyle Chandler, Rory Cochrane, Christopher Denham, Tate Donovan, Clea DuVall, Victor Garber, Zeljko Ivanek,Richard Kind, Scoot McNairy, Chris Messina, Michael Parks and Taylor Schilling.
Affleck is producing alongside George Clooney and Grant Heslov.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day