- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sleeper, Warner Bros.’ long-in-development adaptation of the Ed Brubaker DC Entertainment/Vertigo comic, is waking up once more.
Originally developed as a vehicle for Tom Cruise with Sam Raimi and Josh Donen producing, Sleeper will now be produced by Ben Affleck, Matt Damon and Jennifer Todd.
Additionally, Shawn Ryan, creator of the acclaimed cop drama The Shield, and David Wiener, a writer and playwright whose credits include AMC’s gritty cop show The Killing, are attached to write the screenplay.
Sleeper, which ran from 2003 to 2005 and had art by Sean Phillips, centers on an operative whose fusion with an alien artifact makes him impervious to pain. He is placed undercover in a villainous organization by an intelligence agency and falls for a member of the group named Miss Misery.
The comic featured characters from WildC.A.T.s and Gen 13.
Lynn Harris is supervising for the studio.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day