- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ben Affleck on Friday shared his sorrow upon learning a terminally ill 11-year-old boy who asked Batman to help reunite his family had died.
Mukuta Mukuta’s last wish was for his family — his father and seven of his brothers and sisters living in Atlanta and his mother and four siblings in Zimbabwe — to be reunited before he passed.
While in an Atlanta hospice, the boy put out the call on Facebook for help from his favorite superhero, Batman, which went viral. Affleck, the most recent big-screen Batman, learned of the request and tried to help, according to 11Alive News in Atlanta. Affleck even FaceTimed with Mukuta.
Unfortunately, the boy’s wish could not be granted before he passed.
“Mukuta was a strong and brave young man. Sending my heartfelt condolences to his family,” Affleck wrote Friday on social media.
The boy was able to Skype with his mother before he passed.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day