- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Argo and Justice League star will play a detective investigating a series of impossible high-end heists who becomes entangled in a mystery involving his missing daughter and a secret government program. Production is set to start in April.
Hypnotic is the first project under a new strategic partnership between Jeff Robinov’s Studio 8 and Mark Gill’s Solstice Studios.
Rodriguez and Robinov will produce the film together with Studio 8’s Guy Danella and John Graham. Solstice will handle U.S. distribution and international sales.
The project — reportedly budgeted between $60 million and $80 million, putting it on the high end for an indie feature — is being shopped out to buyers this week at AFM.
“Working with Ben on his award-winning projects, including Argo and The Town, I have seen how his versatility and creativity has made him one of the most talented filmmakers both in front of and behind the camera,” Robinov said Wednesday in a statement. “It’s very meaningful to be collaborating with Ben again on this uniquely riveting suspense thriller, and I know he and Robert will make a terrific film together.”
Affleck is repped by WME.
This story first appeared in The Hollywood Reporter‘s Nov. 7 daily issue at the American Film Market.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day