- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ben Foster is in negotiations to play a key villainous role in Inferno, Sony and Imagine Entertainment’s latest Dan Brown adaptation.
Tom Hanks is once again starring as symbologist Robert Langdon and Ron Howard is back in the director’s chair.
Felicity Jones, Omar Sy and Irrfan Khan also are in the cast.
The story sees Langdon drawn into a conspiracy to unleash a deadly plague centered on Dante’s Inferno, the 14th century epic poem about the nine circles of hell.
Foster will play a genius scientist who is obsessed with Inferno and has also dreamed up a plot to solve the world’s overpopulation problem by releasing a virus.
An April start in Europe is being eyed.
Brian Grazer is producing with Imagine’s Anna Culp exec producing.
Foster, who last appeared Peter Berg’s war movie Lone Survivor, has several films in the can, among them Icon, Stephen Frears’ Lance Armstrong biopic with Foster in the title role.
He is repped by UTA and Felker Toczek.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day