- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ben Kingsley is in talks to join the cast of Ender’s Game, Odd Lot’s sci-fi film adaptation of the novel by Orson Scott Card.
Hugo actor Asa Butterfield is starring in the pic (Hailee Steinfeld is in negotiations to join it), set in a future where the Earth is under attack by an insect-like race and mankind has created a battle school to train fighting forces. In this environment enters Ender Wiggin (Butterfield), a kid who is tormented by bullies and an older brother but proves to be a master at a three-dimensional, zero-gravity laser tag-like game. That sets him on a path as a possible savior of the human race
Kingsley will play a legendary war hero presumed to be long dead.
Gavin Hood (X-Men Origins: Wolverine) is directing and also wrote the script. Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are producing along with Gigi Pritzker and Linda McDonough of OddLot Entertainment. Card and Lynn Hendee are also producing.
A February production start date is being penciled in.
Summit is the domestic distributor and is co-financing. Digital Domain is also a financial partner in the movie.
Kingsley, repped by CAA, Jackoway Tyerman and Independent Talent in the UK, can be seen portraying cinema pioneer George Melies in Martin Scorsese’s Hugo opposite Butterfield.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day