- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rising Australian actor Ben Mendelsohn is the latest name to enter the X-wing cockpit of Star Wars: Rogue One, the standalone movie being made by Lucasfilm and Disney.
Felicity Jones is the female lead of the movie, which is being directed by Gareth Edwards. Chris Weitz is writing the script.
Disney did not comment on the possible casting, and it’s unclear if any dealmaking is involved. Mendelsohn’s name was circling amongst execs Wednesday.
Mendelsohn is winning raves for his work on Bloodline, the Netflix series that debuted last week.
He has also racked up an impressive array of movies in a short time. He appeared in Exodus: Gods and Kings as well as the Jude Law thriller Black Sea, and had two movies premiere at Sundance —Slow West, with Michael Fassbender, and Mississippi Grind, with Ryan Reynolds.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day