- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sources say Fox is picking up a Hawaii-set comedy pitch as a development project that would see heavyweights Stiller and Hill attached to star and Levy attached to direct. The trio also would act as producers.
Nicholas Stoller, the screenwriter who worked with Hill on Get Him to the Greek, is in negotiations to pen the script, based on an idea by Hill that Levy, Stiller and Hill fleshed out on the set of The Watch, Fox’s sci-fi comedy that opens July 27 and is produced by Levy and his Fox-based banner, 21 Laps. (Akiva Schaffer directs.)
Loglines are being kept close to the vest but it’s vaguely described as an island-set comedy. With that Aloha title, Hawaii seems like the probable locale.
The final involvement of the three A-listers will be up to scheduling and Stoller’s script, according to insiders.
Stiller, Hill and Levy are repped by WME. Stiller is additionally repped by Gang Tyre, Hill by Jackoway Tyerman and Levy by Ziffren Brittenham.
Stoller is repped by UTA and Ziffren Brittenham.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day