- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ben Stiller will receive BAFTA Los Angeles’ Charlie Chaplin Britannia Award for Excellence in Comedy at the awards event on Wednesday, November 30, at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
“Ben Stiller is a master of comedy who, just like the legendary filmmaker for whom this award is named, embodies the remarkable multi-hyphenate talents of actor, writer, director and producer,” says Nigel Lythgoe, Chairman of BAFTA Los Angeles.
Tony winning actor Alan Cumming will host the event, which will also feature awards to actress Helena Bonham Carter, who will receive the Britannia Award for British Artist of the Year, John Lasseter, who will be honored with the Britannia Award for Worldwide Contribution to Filmed Entertainment, and David Yates, who will be recognized with the John Schlesinger Britannia Award for Excellence in Directing.
The recipient of the Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award for Excellence in Film will be announced soon.
The Britannia Awards are BAFTA Los Angeles’ highest accolade, a celebration of achievements honoring individuals who have dedicated their careers to advancing the entertainment arts.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day