- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
High Rise director Ben Wheatley has written and helmed the virus-inspired horror film In the Earth for Neon.
The indie stars Joel Fry, Ellora Torchia, Hayley Squires and Reece Shearsmith, with production having just wrapped and Protagonist launching sales at the virtual American Film Market.
As the world searches for a cure to a disastrous virus, In the Earth sees a scientist and park scout venture deep into the forest for a routine equipment run. Through the night, their journey becomes a terrifying voyage through the heart of darkness, with the forest coming to life around them.
Neon has scheduled a 2021 theatrical launch in the U.S. market. Andy Starke produced for Wheatley and Starke’s Rook Films, alongside Tom Quinn and Jeff Deutchman executive producing for Neon.
Wheatley is repped by the Independent Talent Group and WME. Fry and Shearsmith are repped by the Independent Talent Group; Torchia by Conway van Gelder Grant and Film Talents; and Squires by B-Side Management and Management 360.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day