- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If Benedict Cumberbatch is trying to give his fans Cumber-heart palpitations, consider him successful.
The actor talked to People about his recent engagement to Sophie Hunter (not Turner) and when the interviewer mentioned his fans were already talking about future “Cumberbabies,” he responded with an adorable reply.
“Oh my God,” said the Imitation Game actor. “Well, my mother is also waiting for Cumberbabies.”
Let’s put Cumberbabies at the top of the list of things that would break the Internet. (No offense, Kim Kardashian.)
Cumberbatch also explained why he announced his engagement in a newspaper.
“It’s what I would have done if I wasn’t sort of famous. It’s what we do. It’s a kind of traditional thing to do,” he told reporters at an Imitation Game screening on Monday. “I wanted to have some control over the message. I don’t Tweet or do social media. It’s too impersonal. I would rather do what we did, and have people find it, and not see us from some shitty, grainy footage staring lovingly into each other’s eyes with a ring on someone’s finger. I wanted it to be ours.”
“We’re so happy, and we just wanted to let everyone know how happy we are,” he added. Cuteness overload.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day