- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BERLIN – TrustNordisk has closed deals for more than 35 territories for the romantic drama All You Need is Love by Oscar-winning director Susanne Bier (In a Better World) and starring Pierce Brosnan and Better World actress Trine Dyrholm.
Trust sold the English-language romcom to multiple buyers ahead of Berlin’s European Film Market, which kicks off Thursday, among them were deals for Japan (Longride), Australia (Madman), China (Universal Full Band) and Latin America (Leda Films). All You Need Is Love has already sold to ProKino for Germany and Austria, Golem for Spain and CineArt for Benelux among many other territories.
“We are very proud that her new film is pretty much sold out before we have even shown a promo of the film in Berlin,” said TrustNordisk CEO Rikke Ennis. “This really underlines what an acclaimed director (Bier) is.”
Like In A Better World, All You Need is Love was written by Denmark’s Anders Thomas Jensen based on a story by himself and Susanne Bier. But the film, a romantic drama set in Italy, promises to be a major departure from the politically-charged drama of Bier’s Oscar-winner.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day