- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BERLIN — Exclusive Media has started shopping Elizabeth Olsen–Glenn Close starrer Therese Raquin to foreign buyers, while David Dinerstein‘s new venture LD Entertainment will distribute the period drama domestically.
Harry Potter‘s Tom Felton also will star in the period drama, which is based on the 19th century play and novel by Emile Zola.
Acclaimed theater director Charlie Stratton will direct the film from his adapted script (he directed the play in 1995 in Los Angeles). He is set to start shooting in the spring.
Set in Paris, the story revolves around a young woman (Olsen) who is unhappily married to her first cousin (Felton), a union arranged by her overbearing aunt and husband’s mother (Close). The young woman embarks on an affair with her husband’s friend and the two eventually conspire to murder her husband.
Zola’s novel was published in 1867, while the play debuted in 1873.
William Horberg and Mickey Liddell are producing Therese.
Exclusive president of international sales and distribution Alex Walton is handling sales in Berlin.
Dinerstein negotiated the rights deal on behalf of LD Entertainment with Walton.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Santa Barbara International Film Festival