- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mark Ruffalo and Scarlett Johansson are set to star in Can a Song Save Your Life? for Exclusive Media, with John Carney (Once) directing.
Exclusive will produce and finance the feel-good romance and launch the project to foreign buyers at the European Film Market in Berlin.
In the film, Johansson’s character moves to New York to pursue her dreams of a singing career. She finds herself all alone, however, when she’s dumped by her boyfriend. But her world turns around when a down-on-his-luck record producer (Ruffalo) finds her singing in a local bar.
Anthony Bregman is attached to produce the film, and Judd Apatow is on board as executive producer.
“This is a beautiful and soulful story that we are honored to help John bring to life,” Exclusive head of production Tobin Armbrust said.
Carney will work with Grammy-winning songwriter Gregg Alexander on music for the film.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
West Side Story