- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BERLIN – German sales group Beta Cinema has picked up world rights for Child’s Pose, the new drama from Romanian director Calin Peter Netzer (Maria), which will debut in competition at the Berlin International Film Festival next month.
The feature, about a dominant mother and her grown son, is billed as a portrait of current Romanian society as it struggles with class divides and rampant institutional corruption.
Netzer was born in Romania but grew up in Germany and only returned after the fall of communism in his native country. His debut feature Maria, a social drama set in Romania, was a festival circuit favorite, winning prizes at the Locarno, Cottbus and Sofia international film fests.
Beta will begin selling Child’s Pose to international buyers at the European Film Market in Berlin.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Ellen DeGeneres Show