- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
News that Castle Rock Entertainment has brought aboard FilmNation to shop the project signals that the film is moving forward. Castle Rock’s Martin Shafer and Liz Glotzer are producing.
Based on Lawrence’s script, the rom com centers around a washed-up British screenwriter who once ruled the world, even winning an Oscar. Divorced and broke, he takes a job teaching screenwriting at a small college on the East Coast.
Although the idea of teaching is less than thrilling, he hopes to make some easy money and enjoy the favors of impressionable young co-eds. What he doesn’t expect to find is the single mother (Tomei) who’s going back to school and winds up giving him a few lessons of her own.
“Romantic comedies of this high caliber are a rarity in the independent film world,” said FilmNation CEO Glen Basner. “Some of the most memorable romantic comedies to date have come from Hugh and Marc’s collaborative creativity, which is positively in full-swing with this film, and Castle Rock’s track record with this genre speaks for itself.”
The filmmakers are finishing casting, with principal photography set to begin in early April in New York State.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day