- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BERLIN – Tobias Santelmann, one of the Norwegian stars of the Oscar-nominated Kon-Tiki, has joined the cast of English-language action adventure tale Northman – A Viking Saga.
Santelmann, who plays Norwegian explorer Knut Haugland in Kon-Tiki, will take on the role of Asbjorn, a leader behind enemy lines who has to fight his way through hostile land with his band of Vikings to reach a friendly settlement.
Claudio Faeh (Hollow Man 2) will direct the feature from a script co-written by Mattias Bauer and Bastian Zach. Zurich-based Elite Film Produktion will produce. Shooting is set to start this September in Bulgaria.
The Salt Company is handling international sales on Northmen at the European Film Market. Entertainment One has already picked up rights for the film in the UK, France, Scandinavia, South Africa and Australia and New Zealand. Ascot Elite will release Northmen theatrically in German-speaking Europe next year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Working Title Films