- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When well-known actors jump behind the camera, they tend to cast themselves in a heroic leading role or in a quiet but steady supporting spot (think Ben Affleck in The Town or George Clooney in Good Night, and Good Luck). For his debut as a writer-director, 31-year-old industry veteran and steadily rising star Joseph Gorden-Levitt gave himself a peach of a role as an unrepentant porn addict.
Gordon Levitt’s racy romantic-comedy of sorts, Don Jon’s Addiction was the talk of Sundance when it premiered there in January — no less so after its U.S. rights were picked up by Relativity Media for a record-setting $4 million upfront and a $25 million P&A commitment.
Don Jon is getting its European premiere at the Berlin Film Festival this week and Voltage Pictures is handling international territories at the Berlin market.
Tune in live below as Gordon-Levitt introduces his salacious directing debut to Europe at the Berlinale press conference.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day