- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jack O’Connell may be set to star as Alexander McQueen in Pathe’s upcoming biopic, but the late British fashion designer is also getting the documentary treatment.
McQueen, being launched worldwide at the EFM by Embankment Films, is being directed by Ian Bonhote, an award-winning director of advertising campaigns and music promos. He recently made his feature directorial debut, Alleycats, starring Eleanor Tomlinson and Sam Keeley.
“I moved to London from Paris in the ‘90s much in part because of McQueen,” said Bonhote. “His sense of style became synonymous with the city’s raw energy and edginess, and I know of no other contemporary designer to ignite such an immediate visceral response from an audience – it was so exhilarating!”
Salon Pictures’ Nick Taussig and Paul Van Carter (Churchill, My Name Is Lenny, Gascoigne) as well as Misfits’ Andee Ryder (Alleycats) will produce. Misfits is co-producer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day