- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
British actor Anthony Head has signed on to star in the upcoming horror-comedy Let the Wrong One In from Irish director Conor McMahon.
The film is a co-production between Tailored Films (who produced McMahon’s prior feature Stitches) and McMahon’s recently established company Workshed Films. The pic is set to begin production in Dublin in late March.
Head, whose vampire pedigree stretches back to his role as Rupert Giles in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, can currently be seen on Netflix’s The Stranger from Harlan Coben.
Let the Wrong One In follows 16-year-old Matt, who is a little too nice for his own good. When he discovers that his older, estranged brother Deco has turned into a vampire, he’s faced with a dilemma: Will he risk his own life to help his sibling, with blood being thicker than water? Or will he stake him before he spreads the infection further?
Let the Wrong One In is being funded primarily by Screen Ireland in association with MPI Media Group. Producers are Trisha Flood and Ruth Treacy & Julianne Forde (Stitches, The Lodgers). Giles Edwards and Nicola Goelzhaeuser negotiated the casting on behalf of MPI Media Group.
MPI is handling worldwide sales on the title at the European Film Market in Berlin.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day