- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Brendan Gleeson is attached to star in crime comedy Mr. Cranky.
Jonathan Teplitzky (The Railway Man) will direct the film from a script by Chris Nyst.
Chris Brown is producing the film, which follows a crime boss who, after the death of his ex-girlfriend, finds himself charged with taking care of her seven-year-old daughter.
Metro International Entertainment is handling sales and will introduce the project at EFM in Berlin.
Gleeson’s most recent projects include In the Heart of the Sea and Suffragette. He has a slew of upcoming films, including Trespass Against Us with Michael Fassbender, Assassin’s Creed (also with Fassbender), and Ben Affleck’s Live By Night.
Gleeson will be in Berlin for the premiere of Alone in Berlin, which he stars in with Emma Thompson and Daniel Bruhl, He’s repped by The Agency and Principal Entertainment LA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day