- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Charlie Hunnam will star opposite Robert Pattinson and Sienna Miller in The Lost City of Z, Plan B’s adaptation of the book by David Grann.
MICA Entertainment has come on board to finance the drama, which James Gray is directing. Sierra / Affinity is continuing international sales of the title at this year’s European Film Market. CAA is handling domestic rights.
Hunnam is replacing Benedict Cumberbatch, who was previously set to star but is now due to topline Marvel’s Doctor Strange movie, among other projects.
In the true-life drama, Hunnam will portray British explorer Col. Percival Fawcett, who disappeared in 1925 while searching for a mysterious city in the Amazon.
Brad Pitt, Dede Gardner and Jeremy Kleiner are producing via Plan B Entertainment along with Dale Johnson and Anthony Katagas. Marc Butan is executive producing, as are MICA Entertainment’s Julie B. May and Glenn Murray.
Hunnam is coming off the recent wrap-up of Sons of Anarchy and is building a busy film career. He is in production on Warners’ Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur and is part of the all-star cast of Guillermo del Toro’s Crimson Peak. The Gothic horror movie opens this fall.
Hunnam is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment.